No Cases of COVID-19

For more information on Wolf Creek Public Schools COVID-19 procedures and protocols visit:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the learning format of Summer School?

Our format this year will be a hybrid model of some optional in person and some online learning.

Students taking a 10 or 20 level course will be welcome to attend Summer School in person on Mondays and Wednesdays.   Students taking a 30 level course will attend in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Students will need to attend in person for specific exams as outlined by their instructor.

Where will Summer School be held?

Summer School will be held at Lacombe Composite High School at 5628 56th Ave, Lacombe, AB.  

What are the hours of operation?

Summer School will run from 9:00am - 3:00 pm.  We will allow staggered breaks for in-person students 10min every hour and 40 min staggered lunch break.  The staggering of breaks will be done to avoid general mixing of the students attending Summer School.

I am/my student is immunocompromised and we aren’t comfortable attending in person classes.  Can I still participate in Summer School?

Yes.  Special arrangements can be made with the principal to allow you to take your course all or nearly all online.  In these cases we will have a separate space for students to write exams, away from general classrooms.. 

Could the format of Summer School still change?

Yes.  Unfortunately we still live in uncertain times.  We will follow all AB heath regulations and provincial mandates.  If we are told that in person learning is no longer possible, we will revert to entirely online learning.  

Why does every student/family get a phone call (interview) from the Principal?

Summer school is very different than ordinary school.  The timelines are fast and it is not for everyone.  We have found that a phone call after the initial application clarifies many of the details about summer school so students can be successful in their course.

Can I register for more than one course?

Not usually.  More than one complete course is not realistic with the timelines involved.  If you are upgrading marks from previously completed courses, then it may be possible to upgrade more than one course.  This requires a conversation with the Principal.  If this applies to you, register for the one, highest priority course and discuss your needs during your phone interview.

I am taking a 30 Level course, do I have to write a diploma?

For those wishing to enroll in Grade 12 courses, a diploma exam will be offered but due to Alberta Education policy changes, as a result of Covid-19, every student will be able to choose to write this exam or not with full exemption. 

I am going away on vacation, are the dates flexible?

No, the dates for summer school programming indicated are strictly adhered to. If you are going away you will still be expected to complete your coursework while you are gone. If your vacation destination does not have internet access, you may not want to enroll in the course.

Do I have all summer to complete the course?

No, the dates indicated are strictly adhered to. Students must finish all courses by the dates provided by your instructor. 

Can I finish my course earlier than scheduled?

Yes, many students who are dedicated and apply themselves regularly to the work and assignments provided are able to finish the course in less time. However, this requires dedication and commitment and regular contact with your instructor.

Can I do my school work at any time during the day?

Typically, students are required to be in class during school hours (9:00 am - 3:00 pm), so they can seek assistance from teachers. However, students can complete work or submit assignments at any time during the day. Special consideration may be given in certain circumstances.  If this is required, make sure to bring it up during your phone interview.

Will I receive transcripts and proof of course completion?

Marks will be available on PowerSchool throughout the course. At the end of the program, final grades will be sent to Alberta Education. All schools in the province of Alberta will have access to your online summer school grades when you return to your local school in September. By logging into your myPASS account at Alberta Education, you will be able to see your course mark after completion. In diploma courses you will be able to see your course mark, diploma exam mark and final mark once the exam has been graded.

I live in another province. Can I take a summer course from Wolf Creek?

No. Only Alberta residents are eligible and must have an Alberta Education Student Number (ASN) to register.